Ryan T. Spetz
Areas of Practice
Personal Injury Cases
Ryan Spetz is a native of Lynchburg, Virginia. He graduated from the University of Mary Washington in 1997 and moved to New Orleans, Louisiana where he renovated anti-bellum plantations. In 2004, he returned to Virginia to attend law school at the University of Richmond.
Upon graduation from law school in 2007, Ryan clerked for the Honorable Cleo E. Powell in the Chesterfield Circuit Court. This opportunity gave him invaluable insight into how judges perceive the cases presented to them and the thought processes judges go through in making decisions. This insight has greatly informed him on how to approach his cases in a matter that is most beneficial to his clients.
In 2008, Ryan joined us at Gordon, Dodson, Gordon & Rowlett. He has a quick wit and a way with words. He particularly enjoys advocating for fathers in custody disputes and has achieved the rare goal of getting a number of fathers sole custody of their children. He has a substantial criminal and personal injury practice and has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star. He enjoys snorkeling with sea turtles around the world and raising two fur babies (dogs) with his wife.
- Graduate of University of Mary Washington in 1997
- Graduate of University of Richmond Law School 2007
- Clerked for Judge Powell of the Chesterfield Circuit Court, 2007-2008
- Associate at Gordon, Dodson, Gordon & Rowlett since 2008
- Licensed as an Attorney and Counselor at Law in the Commonwealth of Virginia in 2007